- 1 egg (or 1 egg replacer, mix and set aside)
- 1/2 cup butter (or trans-free margarine or lard)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2/3 cup sorghum flour plus 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup defatted soy flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon Cook’s Powdered Vanilla Extract (can use liquid extract if gluten-free and added before egg)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Whisk together dry ingredients; set aside.
- Cream shortening and sugars, add egg (or egg replacer) beating on high until fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients, blend until well mixed, add chips (and nuts).
- Drop from teaspoon 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. (If baking more than one pan at a time, bake 8 minutes, turn pan, and bake 2 more minutes.)
- Do not overcook.
- Remove from oven, let cool on cookie sheet until firm, finish cooling on rack.
- Notes: Recipe can be doubled.
- Consistent oven temperature is very important.
- Cookies may taste gritty if overcooked or cooked at too cool a temperature.
- You may substitute Garnanzo bean or Garfava flour for the soy flour.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!