- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 to 1 1/3 cups brown rice flour
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add the tapioca flour, milk powder, xanthan gum, gelatin, Italian seasoning, vinegar, oil, salt, sugar and 2/3 cup brown rice flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining brown rice flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-inch circle.
- Transfer to a 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and toppings are lightly browned and heated through.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!