- 6 ounces pancetta or Canadian bacon, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Real California butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Real California Gouda cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 24 (2-inch) crimini mushroom caps
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium skillet, sauté pancetta over medium-high heat until crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove to a mixing bowl. Discard fat from skillet.
- Melt butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
- Stir in spinach; cook just until wilted. Add to pancetta; allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in cheese, bread crumbs and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place mushrooms on baking sheet. Mound about 2 1/2 tablespoons cheese mixture into center of each mushroom cap.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Serve hot.