Courtesy of the Farm Bureau
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk gently to combine, taking care not to over mix. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Drop 1/3-cup batter onto a hot waffle iron. Bake until the waffles are golden and crispy and the waffle iron stops steaming.
- (Freeze any leftover waffles, which crisp up beautifully in a toaster.)
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!