- 1/2 olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 avocados
- 6 cups lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups spinach, well washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced stuffed olives
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
Combine oil, vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt, mustard and pepper; chill. At serving time, peel and slice avocados; brush with remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Arrange with remaining ingredients in salad bowl and toss with dressing. Serve at once.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!