- 1 1/2 pounds green beans
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5-6 leaves of sweet basil, torn
- 2 cups halved red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- Wash beans, trim ends and cut in half if large.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, bring water to a boil.
- Add beans and cook, uncovered for about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- In a non-stick sauté pan, melt butter; stir in sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper and basil.
- Add cherry tomatoes and stir gently.
- Add cooked green beans, tossing gently and serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!