- 2 beef flank steaks (1 pound each), trimmed
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil or
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Flatten steaks to 1/4-in.
- In a large bowl, combine the bacon, mushrooms, onions, basil and chives; spread evenly over steaks.
- Roll the meat up and secure with skewers or toothpicks.
- Cut each roll into 1/2- to 3/4-in. slices and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill over medium-hot heat for 4-6 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Remove toothpicks.