- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 small onions, finely chopped
- 4 green peppers, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (6 oz.) can pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ozs.) shredded Cheddar cheese
Brown ground beef in oil in large Dutch oven, stirring to crumble. Add onion, green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper; cook over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, and stewed tomatoes; cook 15 minutes. Add corn and olives; stirring well.
Remove from heat; gently stir in noodles. Spoon mixture into two 12x8x2-inch baking dishes. Sprinkle evenly with cheese, and bake, uncovered at 350° 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.