- 1/4 lb. beef cube steaks, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 julienned green pepper
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 water
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- hot cooked rice
In small skillet, stir-fry steak in oil for 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove steak and keep warm. Stir-fry green pepper and celery until crisp-tender. Combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce, sugar and salt until smooth; add to skillet.
Bring to boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add steak and tomato to skillet; heat through. Serve over rice. Makes 1 serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!