- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 s (about 3/4 lb.) cooked ham, diced
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 water or apple juice
- 1 pancake mix
- 1 milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
In 2 quart greased baking dish, layer half the potatoes, half the ham and half the apples. Combine salt, pepper, brown sugar and curry powder; sprinkle half the mixture over layers in dish. Repeat process with remaining potatoes, ham, apples and brown sugar mixture. Pour water or apple juice over all. Cover dish and bake at 375° until sweet potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Beat together pancake mix, milk, mustard and butter. Take casserole from oven when potatoes are done and pour pancake batter over top. Bake 20 minutes more, uncovered, or until pancake is puffed and golden.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!