Submitted by: Jennifer Miller of Sugarcreek, OH
Arrange on a serving table in this order:
- 3 sleeves (3 cups) Ritz crackers, crushed
- 2-3 quarts hot, cooked rice
- 3-4 quarts meat mixture
- 12 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 1/2 -2 quarts cheese sauce
- 2- 9 1/4 oz. bags nacho cheese tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 pints sour cream
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped bell peppers
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion
- jalapeno peppers, optional
- hot sauce or salsa, optional
- Sweet n Sour salad dressing OR
- Ranch or French dressing, as preferred
- Each person prepares their own stack by layering desired amount of these ingredients onto their plate. Amounts may need to be adjusted according to preference and appetite, but this will generally serve 15 adults. This is a fun and simple meal to serve to a group. Most of the haystack ingredients can be prepared ahead of time or ask your guests to help bring some of the toppings along.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!