- 2 American Lamb racks, frenched
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skins rubbed off in cloth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon each chopped fresh rosemary and chopped fresh mint
Pat racks dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Brown meat side of each rack until golden brown; set aside. In food processor, finely grind nuts; set aside. In small bowl, combine mustard, garlic, rosemary and mint. Spread mustard mixture over meat side of racks. Sprinkle on ground hazelnuts. Place racks meat side up in shallow roasting pan. Roast at 375º for 28 to 38 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from oven, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice and serve. 8 servings. Preparation time: 15 minutes. Cook time: 28 to 38 minutes
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!