- 1 lb. mild sausage
- 1 lb. hot sausage
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 can green chilies, chopped and drained
- grated Parmesan cheese
- green and sweet red pepper strips
In large skillet, cook sausages until no longer pink; drain, making sure cooked sausage crumbles are of desired size. In large mixing bowl, beat eggs, cheeses, flour, butter and baking powder. Stir in mushrooms, onion, chilies and sausage. Transfer mixture to two greased 9 inch deep dish pie plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Garnish with pepper strips.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!