- 1 c. dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1 T. light molasses
- 1-1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- Spray a large roaster pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Place popcorn in pan and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and molasses in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- Pour hot mixture over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Bake at 250 degrees for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; stir to break up.
- Cool for 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to one week. Makes about 12 cups.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!