- 1 T. oil
- 3-1/2 to 4-lb. boneless pork shoulder roast, tied
- 10-1/2 oz. can French onion soup
- 1 c. catsup
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar
- 2 T. brown sugar, packed
- 24 slices Texas toast or 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add roast and brown on all sides; remove to a large slow cooker and set aside.
- Mix soup, catsup, vinegar and brown sugar; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast to a platter; discard string and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Shred roast, using 2 forks; return to slow cooker and stir.
- Spoon meat and sauce onto bread slices or rolls. Makes 12 sandwiches.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!