- 1 1/2 s (8 ozs.) honey-cured ham, cubed
- 8 ozs. asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 cup bottled roasted garlic Alfredo sauce or Alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- 1 (13.8 oz.) pkg. refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 1/2 s (6 oz.) shredded Mozzarella cheese
Snap off and discard woody portions of asparagus. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and asparagus. Cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Stir in sherry. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Set aside. Heat oven to 425°. Grease a 12 or 13-inch pizza pan. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Pat pizza dough into pan, rounding corners of dough rectangle to fit pan and building up edges. If desired, snip edges with kitchen shears. Bake about 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread crust with Alfredo sauce. Top with vegetable mixture and ham. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 to 12 minutes more or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!