- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Butter, melted
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add 2 cups flour, 1/4 cup butter, egg, sugar, salt and seasonings.
- Beat at low speed until mixed, about 30 seconds; increase speed to medium and continue beating for 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour and 1/3 cup cheese; beat until smooth.
- Cover bowl and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Stir batter 25 strokes.
- Spread batter into a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole; brush with melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes before removing from the casserole.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!