- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 4 cups hot cooked pasta
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, egg whites, water, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twelve 2-inch meatballs. Place on rack in broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 18 to 20 minutes.
- Heat pasta sauce according to package directions in medium saucepan. Add hot cooked meatballs to pasta sauce; stir to coat evenly. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!