- 1 pound linguine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup white wine zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Bring a 6 to 8 quart pot of water to a boil. Generously salt the water. Add linguine and cook according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the butter and olive oil. When the butter melts, add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté for 1 minute. Add the shrimp. Add the wine. Let the mixture come to a bubble, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta, and add the pasta to the skillet. Add the parsley and toss to combine.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!