Maple Rice Pudding with Candied Pecans
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 5 cups whole milk
- spice of choice (cinnamon stick, star anise, ginger)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp. dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- candied pecans
- additional maple syrup, as needed
- In large heavy bottomed sauce pot, add rice and 4 cups of milk. Stir to combine. Set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Add spice of choice or combination of spices. Reduce heat to low and cover pot. Set timer for 15 minutes and allow rice to cook.
- Remove lid and stir rice to ensure it does not stick to the bottom of the pot. Stir contents often and cook for another 10 minutes until mixture is thick and creamy. Add remaining cup of milk, maple syrup, brown sugar and sea salt. Stir to combine and continue to cook on low heat for another 5 minutes until all the sugar has dissolved. Strain and discard used spices.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with crushed candied pecans and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Individual Direction Step
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!