- 1 1/2 s all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 raisins
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1/2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 fat-free milk
- 1/3 vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Glaze (Optional):
- 1/3 powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons fat-free milk
Heat oven to 400°. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray. For muffins, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, raisins, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl; mix well. In medium bowl, combine pineapple (including juice), carrots, milk, oil and egg whites; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.) Fill muffin cups almost full. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool 10 minutes. For glaze, combine ingredients in small bowl; mix until smooth. Drizzle evenly over muffins. Serve warm.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!