- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
breasts, cut into 2×1/2 inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 16 oz. pkg. frozen sweet corn or
fresh corn from 4 ears, cut off cobs
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 head butterhead lettuce, torn into pieces
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 cups blue corn tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- Sour cream
Mix all ingredients well; set aside.
Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken and garlic; cook until chicken is no longer pink.
Transfer chicken to very large bowl. Prepare corn according to package directions if frozen, or sauté fresh corn 2 minutes in pan used to cook chicken. Add corn, red pepper, black beans and green onions to chicken. Stir in the Cumin Dressing and refrigerate. Just before serving, add tomatoes, avocados and lettuce; toss to combine. Serve with cheese, tortilla chips, salsa and sour cream, letting each guest dress their salad to taste.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!