- 1 lb. small new potatoes, scrubbed clean and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb. medium asparagus, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal, 1-inch long pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 strip lemon zest
- 1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 (10 oz.) salmon steaks, cut about 1-inch thick
- 1 lemon, cut into large wedges
Preheat oven to 400°. In large, shallow baking dish (10×14 inch) coat potatoes with olive oil. Arrange potatoes, cut side down, in baking dish and roast 10 to 12 minutes, until potatoes begin to brown on bottom. Turn potatoes over and roast another 10 minutes until browned on top. Remove baking dish from oven.
In medium bowl, toss asparagus with chopped dill, lemon zest, garlic, salt and season with pepper to taste. Add asparagus mixture to potatoes and stir to combine.
Push vegetables to the side of dish to make room for salmon steaks. Return baking dish to oven and roast salmon and asparagus 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish is just cooked through.
If desired, remove skin and center bones, and arrange on individual plates before serving. Garnish with fresh dill and lemon wedges.