- ¾ c. pureed pawpaw pulp
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ c. butter
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ c. black walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease one large cookie sheet.
- Peel and seed fresh pawpaws and process in a food processor until fine.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder, and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg. Add the flour mixture and then add the pawpaw pulp. Chop half the nuts (reserve 16 pieces) and blend them in.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet and press a piece of black walnut onto the top of each cookie.
- Bake 12 minutes or until brown across the top. Makes about 16 cookies.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!