- 6 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Vanilla ice cream
- Arrange peaches in a greased 11-inch by 7-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour over peaches; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Pour cold water over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!