- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1 (8-oz.) carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup no-sugar-added blueberry or other berry spread
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; cut in margarine with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add yogurt to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface; with floured hands, knead 4 to 5 times. Pat dough into an 8-inch circle on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut dough into 12 wedges, cutting to, but not through, bottom of dough; make a small slit in center of each wedge. Place a thin layer of blueberry spread on top and sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 400° for 13 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!