- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate-covered peppermint patties
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Spread about two-thirds of the batter in a greased 13-inch by 9-inch baking pan.
- Arrange peppermint patties over top.
- Carefully spread remaining batter over patties.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (top will appear uneven).
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!