- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Brown sausage in skillet, drain any excess fat. Add peppers, onion, mushrooms, seasonings and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Top each muffin half with 2 tablespoons meat sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese melts and filling is hot. Serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!