- 1 pound Medium Shells, uncooked
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomato
- 1 cup fresh corn or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 tsp. hot red pepper flakes
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic, red onion and zucchini and cook over medium-high heat until the garlic and onion are golden. Reduce heat to medium and add the tomato, corn, red pepper flakes, skim milk and Parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the vegetables are hot. Add the pasta and parsley and mix thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.