- 9 pieces Lasagna, uncooked
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1-pound eggplant, peeled and finely diced
- 3 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup plain, low-fat yogurt
- 1 28-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna according to package directions; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350-o F. Warm oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add onion, garlic and eggplant. Cover and let vegetables cook until very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the ricotta, feta and yogurt. When vegetables are done, stir in tomato sauce. Remove from heat and set aside 1 cup of eggplant mixture.
- In a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish, spread a little of the eggplant mixture over the bottom and cover with 3 pieces of lasagna. Spoon some of the ricotta over the lasagna.
- Continue to layer with eggplant mixture, lasagna, and ricotta. Place a layer of lasagna on top. Spread the reserved eggplant over lasagna and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, until cheese is brown.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!