Submitted by Patty Roosa of Ravenna, OH
Ingredient for Cake
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- water (amount on cake mix box)
- 1 c. pumpkin
- 3/4 cup nuts, optional
Ingredients for Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp. cream
- Combine cake mix and spices. Add eggs. Add water using 1/3 cup less than on cake mix package. Add pumpkin and beat 4 minutes.
- Stir in nuts. Pour into 10″ greased tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until done when tested with wooden pick. Cool 10-15 minutes, remove from pan.
- Drizzle with lemon glaze.
- To make the glaze, mix all ingredients together until smooth.
Patty received this recipe from a pen pal who, with her husband, were farmers in Luverne, MN. They have retired (he just turned 80). The two ladies have been pen pals for 49 years.