Submitted by Patty Roosa of Ravenna, OH
Ingredient for Cake
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- water (amount on cake mix box)
- 1 c. pumpkin
- 3/4 cup nuts, optional
Ingredients for Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp. cream
- Combine cake mix and spices. Add eggs. Add water using 1/3 cup less than on cake mix package. Add pumpkin and beat 4 minutes.
- Stir in nuts. Pour into 10″ greased tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until done when tested with wooden pick. Cool 10-15 minutes, remove from pan.
- Drizzle with lemon glaze.
- To make the glaze, mix all ingredients together until smooth.
Patty received this recipe from a pen pal who, with her husband, were farmers in Luverne, MN. They have retired (he just turned 80). The two ladies have been pen pals for 49 years.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!