Submitted by: Debbie Flinner of Canton, Ohio
Ingredients for bars:
- 2/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 1-15oz. can pumpkin
- 1-3/4 cup flour
- 1-14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Ingredients for glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- With mixer on high speed, cream butter and sugar. Stir in flour and walnuts until crumbly. Reserve 3/4 cup of crumb mixture, pressing remaining crumbs on bottom of 15x10x1 baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend pumpkin, condensed milk, molasses, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Pour over baked crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs, and bake 30-35 minutes longer, or until set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- To make the glaze: Mix all glaze ingredients together until glaze is smooth and of desired consistency.
- Drizzle over cooled bars, if desired. Cut into 2.5 x 1.5″ bars. Store covered in refrigerator.