- 1 head red cabbage (or 1 bag of coleslaw mix)
- 2 carrots, scrubbed or peeled and grated
- 8 scallions, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the cabbage in half and use a sharp knife to sliver it fine.
- Put everything in the bowl and toss well. Taste the slaw. If you think it needs more vinegar, salt or pepper, add it, and taste again.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!