Submitted by: her son-in-law, Stephen Carpenter of Somerset, PA
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped blueberries
- 1 cup chopped fruit (cranberries, cherries, raisins, peaches)
- 3/4 cup thick preserves (pear)
- Preheat oven to 275. Grease 10” Angel Food Cake pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat 1 minute. Add flour, baking soda and salt, and beat on low speed until combined.
- Stir in fruit and preserves. Bake 1-1/2 hours (or until done). Remove from oven and let cool in pan.
Note: This is my late mother-in-law’s recipe. Nothing is too precise. You can substitute the fruit for your favorites.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!