Submitted by our Reader’s Kitchen Week One Winner: Brenda Baker
Ingredients for the Sauce:
- 1 bottle (10 oz.) chili sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1-8 oz. can of whole berry cranberry sauce (the gelled kind)
Ingredients for the Meatballs:
- 2 lbs. hamburger
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a pan and simmer while making the meatballs. Stir until well blended,
- Mix meatball ingredients together and mix like you would meatloaf. Form meatballs – what ever size you prefer. Mine are usually golf ball size. Place meatballs in a baking casserole in a single layer. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- When these are finished baking, I sometimes will put them in a slow cooker on warm to keep to eat later.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!