- 2 to 3 lbs. smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water or oil
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 quart sauerkraut, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Place sausage in slow cooker. Heat on low while preparing other ingredients. saute peppers, onions and mushrooms in small amount of water or oil in saucepan. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover. Cook on low 5 to 6 hours, or high 3 to 4 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!