Ingredients for the biscuits:
- 2 cups Biscuit Mix, plus more for rolling
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ stick butter
Ingredients for the gravy:
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
- For the biscuits: In a bowl, mix biscuit mix with sour cream and milk.
- Sprinkle extra biscuit mix onto a flat surface and press down and spread dough until it is roughly 1/2″ to 3/4″ thick, and use a biscuit cutter or the open end of a glass to cut out round biscuits.
- Melt butter to dip cut biscuits in (both sides), then place biscuits on a baking sheet. Bake in oven at 375°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the gravy: Brown and chop the sausage with the onion.
- When sausage is done, add in the maple syrup, stirring to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle mixture with corn starch, add milk. Stir to allow for thickening, adding more corn starch and/or milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve over hot biscuits.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!