Submitted by Katie Troyer of Middlefield, Ohio
Ingredients for the Brownies:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Ingredients for the Frosting:
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. baking cocoa
- 2 Tbsp. warm water
- 1 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add butter and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients, add to batter and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For the Frosting: combine the first 4 ingredients, then gradually stir in sugar until smooth. Add additional warm water if necessary for spreading consistency.