Slow Cooker Apple Pork
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 4 (four ounce each) pork loin slices
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 1 cup chopped onions (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups water
- 4 (8 ounces each) yams
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Place pork in the bottom. Place apple slices on top of the pork. Sprinkle on the onions, brown sugar and spice. Pour in the water.
- Rinse the yams. Pierce each yam with a knife. Place directly on top of the food in the crockpot. Cover. Cook on low for at least 6 hours. This dish can simply cook all day if you turn on the slow cooker before you leave for work.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!