- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (can use Mexican style with green chilies)
- 1/3 cup corn, (drain and rinse if using canned corn)
- 1/3 cup black beans (drain and rinse if using canned beans)
- Mix chicken broth and seasonings in a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil and add the rice, tomatoes, corn and beans.
- Turn the heat to low and cover the pot.
- Allow to cook on low for 10 minutes (no peeking).
- After 10 minutes, toss the rice and serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!