Submitted by: Rick Tytko of Brecksville, Ohio
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup pecans or almonds
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and a half cup of sugar and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, put remaining sugar and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Boil over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add nuts until well coated.
- Separate nuts by spoonfuls into cinnamon sugar mixture and toss until well coated. Store in airtight container. Makes 1 cup of nuts.
- Note: Do not try to double the recipe because the nuts must be handled quickly. Make two separate batches instead.