- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (chopped and seeded)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tomato paste
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light buttery spread
- 1 cup uncooked medium grain white rice
- 1/2 cup canned green peas (low-sodium, drained)
- 1/2 cup canned carrots (low-sodium, drained)
- In a bowl mix onion, peppers, garlic, tomato paste, ¼ cup of water and salt; set aside.
- In a skillet, melt light buttery spread over medium heat and cook rice, stirring every once in a while, until golden.
- Stir in remaining water, peas, carrots, and onion mixture.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!