Stuffed Squash with Pears and Cheese
Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium pears (2 cups), cored
- 4 green onions sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup raisins chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Halve squash lengthwise; remove seeds.
- Place squash, cut side down, in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pears, green onions, and garlic in hot oil until tender but not brown.
- Remove from heat. Stir in ricotta cheese, cheddar cheese, raisins, pecans, lemon peel, and nutmeg.
- Turn squash cut side up, in baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon cheese mixture into the baked squash, mounding as necessary.
- Continue baking for 20–25 minutes more or until heated through.
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes