- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 small yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4? thick
- 4 small zucchini, sliced 1/4? thick
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin matchstick slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In large frying pan over medium-high heat, place 1 tablespoon olive oil; when hot add pecan halves. Stir to coat; let toast 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until nuts are deep rich brown. Remove from heat, place pecans on paper towels to drain. Set aside.
Place pan over medium heat and place remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in pan. When hot, add onion and garlic and saute 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until onion slices are softened. Add squash, zucchini and pepper slices; stir constantly, saute vegetables until tender, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove from pan and season with lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Stir in reserved toasted pecans and serve with grilled pork, fish or chicken.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!