- 1/2 slice bread (whole wheat)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 cooking spray (as needed, nonstick)
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese (part skim, grated)
- 1 tomato (large, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon basil (dried)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut the bread into cubes; toss with oil and garlic in a small bowl.
- Spread the cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 15 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown, tossing once or twice.
- Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Spray a medium pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Pour in egg substitute.
- When the egg begins to set, spread evenly across the bottom of the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Once the top layer of egg is almost cooked, prinkle the cheese and basil on top and scatter the tomatoes and bread over half of the omelet; fold the unfilled omelet half over the filling.
- Slide the omelet on a plate and serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!