- 2 cups water
- 8 garlic clove (unpeeled)
- 6 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped, divided)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (grated)
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning blend
- 4 chicken breast (4 ounce, with skin)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (reduced sodium)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add garlic; cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain garlic, peel and cut into thin slices.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, 1/2 cup of chopped parsley, lemon zest, and seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Loosen skin from each chicken breast to form a pocket.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of garlic mixture under skin of each breast.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken skin-side down; cook until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Turn chicken; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook until no longer pink in center, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Wipe any fat away from the skillet.
- Add remaining chopped parsley, broth, and lemon juice to pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute.
- Spoon mixture over chicken.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!