- 1 pound ziti pasta (or bow tie pasta)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 3 tomatoes (large, coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup kidney beans (cooked or canned drained, or try garbanzo beans or black beans)
- 1 cup mozzarella (or provolone cheese, cubed or shredded, optional)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped, optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, vinegar, Dijon-style mustard and pepper to make vinaigrette.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, beans, basil and tomatoes.
- Pour vinaigrette over top and toss together.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour. If desired, add nuts and cheese just before serving, tossing again to combine.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!