- 1 lb. turkey breast tenderloins or boneless, skinless chicken breasts, all visible fat removed
- vegetable oil spray
- 1/4 chopped shallots or onion
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 s evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
Rinse turkey or chicken and pat dry. Cut into bite-size pieces. Spray skillet with vegetable oil. Place over medium-high heat. Add turkey or chicken, shallots or onion, and garlic to hot skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until turkey or chicken is tender and no longer pink. Stir flour into mixture in skillet. Add remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
Cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Serves 4; 2/3 cup per serving.
Sodium: 155 mg
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!