- nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 flour
- 1 1/2 s shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 skim milk
- 1/4 egg substitute, slightly beaten
- 1 (16 oz.) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 oz.) can no added salt tomato sauce
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Heat oven to 375°. Spray pie plate with cooking spray. Mix flour, 1/2 cup cheese, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Stir in milk and egg substitute until blended. Spread over bottom and up side of pie plate. Mix 1/2 cup cheese with remaining ingredients; spoon into pie plate. Bake uncovered about 25 minutes or until edge is puffy and light brown. Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!