- 1 1/2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked penne or medium tube pasta
- 3/4 green onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (6 oz.) pkg. fresh baby spinach
- 1 coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 shredded Parmesan cheese
Place asparagus in 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 400° 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring every 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. For dressing, combine onions, vinegar and soy sauce in blender; cover and process. While processing, gradually add remaining oil in steady stream. In large bowl, combine pasta, spinach and asparagus. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. (14 to 16 servings)
Spinach, cashews and pasta are mixed with roasted asparagus in this delightful spring salad.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!